Since I was Banded

Welcome To My Weight Loss Journey


Hi my fellow friends and viewers. I'm glad you can make it. Come on in, view my profile and become a supporter throughout my journey. I will all the support I can get. Make sure you become a follower. Thanks again. Your comments and advice is appreciated.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Day, New Month and Back on Track




















Morning everyone, My kids are gone, now I can get back on the straight and narrow. It's good today is Sunday and also the 1st of the month; which makes it easier mentally for a good start. I didn't do too bad or eat too many the wrong things. I just wasn't eating the things I'm use to eating since my Lapband. I probably needed to eat those calories anyway because my regular diet don't have much calories. But they were bad calories to me. I miss my salads. I only had 1 salad for the whole week I've been with my kids. While they were here. I had Carbs something I don't usually have. I had a PIZZA. I wasn't exercising. Yesterday we went on an Ultimate adventure with Parasailing, water skiing, kayaking, rock climbing, snorkiling the list goes on and on. All I know is I had a blast. I did good with my food I had ham, turkey with out bread and CHICKEN  which is getting heard to tolerate only because I'm not chewing like i'm suppose to. Well all that is behind me now. Today is a new day. I will go walking and play my Wii. I want to thank you all for your comments they help me a lot. Here is a Guide to follow the was put together by Dinnerland. This is an awesome guide. Thank you Dinnerland. I want to thank you; all my readers for your support and following my blog. Please share.

Lapband Guide: By Dinnerland
1) Avoid drinking for 45 minutes before and 45 minutes after a meal.
2) Finish eating at least an 60 minutes before going to bed in the evening to maximize digestion and prevent reflux.
3) The band will be tightest when you wake up-- take advantage of the tightness and have a protein shake for a first meal and let that satisfy you until later in the day.
4) If you're not hungry: DON'T EAT. It is OK to skip a meal.
5) Food order: protein, vegetables, carbs.
6) Be sure to get plenty of water BETWEEN meals.
7) Eat slowly and deliberately, particularly in the 2 weeks after a fill.  It sometimes takes a while to notice the quirks of a fill level and you can end up with regurgitation 30 to 60 minutes AFTER a meal if you over eat without realizing it.
8) Ater a fill, don't forget that liquids/ mushies are the thing for 24 to 48 hours. When you progress: go to 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food at a time and take that slow (re: #7.)
9) Don't expect the band to do everything for you-- in fact, when you need a fill, you may feel even MORE hungry than you previously did before surgery-- this is very likely b/c you are in a weight loss phase and your body will fight you to keep the weight on.  In the case of feeling limited restriction, consider eating food with alot of fiber along with protein to literally fill your stomach and sate you longer.
10) Remember that liquid calories are an investment.  Some bandsters like their wine or cocktails-- but you need to remember that life is a trade off and a cocktail is about 250 calories, which is the equivalent to almost 1 bandster meal.
11) Get some strategic food in place in your cupboard, your car and your purse/ backpack- figure out what your go-to foods can be that are non-perishables and also plan ahead, possibly storing some creamed soups in your freezer in half cup portions.
Ideas:
Small services of nuts; Protein bars; bagged 1 service of protein powder to pour into a water bottle and quick mix
12) Learn to love your vegetables and the various ways they can be cooked deliciously.  Think about pureed soups like butternut squash, pumpkin, brocoli, asparagus, or cauliflower.  A great substitute 'cream' with a tone of protein is FAGE 2% Greek yogurt.
13) Expect that there will be ups and downs in the process- but know that virtually everyone has huge success with the band provided they follow the basic rules and don't sabotage (by eating ice cream, chips, cake and pie as regular meals.)
14) Be KIND TO YOURSELF.  If you find yourself criticizing your progress-- write a blog post to yourself and then read it as if one of your blogger friends wrote it.  What would you say to yourself if someone else wrote that? Do you have any special advice you'd give? Would you forgive that person? 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for that shout out! And I am not even banded yet-- those ideas come from reading from all of the bandsters' blogs. Glad it was meaningful and helpful to you.
    Looks like you were just on a great vacation!!
    Before I get my band, the family and I are going to Jamaica for a week, and I am totally looking forward to that trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG looks like so much fun!!!! I am jealous. Great pictures!

    And good for you getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a real blast on your Vacation! Wish I were there too! Can't wait to join you & all the other bandster's this Nov 19th. Will be following you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete