Since I was Banded

Welcome To My Weight Loss Journey


Hi my fellow friends and viewers. I'm glad you can make it. Come on in, view my profile and become a supporter throughout my journey. I will all the support I can get. Make sure you become a follower. Thanks again. Your comments and advice is appreciated.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

My 1st Fill Experience

Hi everyone, I weight myself this morning before going to the doctore and I've lost 2 lbs. I weight 224 lbs. The same weight in the doctors office. yaah!!! I had a fill today and It was a task accessing the port. 1st of all it was a 20 gauge needle and long. I was not aware it was going to be that large; but I was warned last night by sweet Shelly. I heard her tell me that but I kinda brushed it off. I instantly remembered what she said when I seen those needles. 1st the Nurse Practioner attempted but was unsuccessful. Then the Doctor attempted several times until he got it. The initial stick, I didn't feel but the poking was uncomfortable. I already had 3cc in my port that I didn't know about from surgery then he added 2cc which was a total of 5cc. I tried to drink water and it wouldn't go down. It felt like like I had a knot in my throat. I'm sitting there saying to myself "It's just damn water why don't it go down" The doctor had to take 1cc out Dr. Cohen said it was too tight. Then I was able to swollow the water without any problems. That was my experience of the unknown for the 1st fill. Now I'm back to liquids for 2 days. Of course I'm sitting here typing eating sun flower seeds drink chicken and orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment